I have many names and nicknames. “Missy” happens to be one. My son Christopher couldn’t have been more than 8. In his best grown-up voice he was giving me a lecture about something. When he realized I wasn’t paying much attention he said, with his hands on his hips, and I quote , “You’d better listen to me, Missy, or you’re going to be in big trouble!” I lost it! I started laughing so hard I almost cried. “Missy” has stuck with me since then. Does anyone else have a funny story about a nickname? I’d love to hear it! Post stories in the comments section.
Welcome to Missy-Nickie’s Musings! Now that you’re here let me tell you a little about me and my blog… a sort of “What to expect”, if you will.
1) I’m a follower of Christ. You may be offended by what I have to say. I don’t want to offend, but neither will I be bashful or back down from my beliefs.
2) I’m a wife. I may rant a bit sometimes about my husband, but I won’t do any real male bashing. So guys you’re safe!
3) I’m a mother of 2 teen boys. Need I say more? By the way i homeschool them.
4) I’m a co-teacher/youth leader. Again need I say more?
5) I’m an avid reader. Once in a while I might shamelessly promote a friend’s book or a book I really like.
6) Finally but certainly not least, I’m a wanna-be author…nothing published yet. I might talk about the writing process or my journey to get published.
Now if you aren’t bored to death please stick around. There’s more to come soon.