What do my son Erick and Donald Trump have in common?
Give up? “You’re fired!” Okay we all know the Donald is famous for saying this on his TV show, but what you don’t know is this: Way before the show, Erick would say “You’re fired!” if he was mad at you or he didn’t like what you said. The first time he said it, I had scolded him about something. I had sent him to the “time out” chair. He turned around and looked at me with total disgust and said “You’re fired!” with more emotion than Don could ever muster. When Erick got older, and the show was a big thing, I told him, “I wish we would have copyrighted ‘You’re fired!’” “Why, Momma?” “’Cause if we would’ve, we’d be rich.” “Oh, you mean, because of the guy on TV with the silly hair?” “Yup, because of him.” Has your child ever said something you wished that you would have copyrighted? Let me know about it! Post them in the comments section.
Welcome to Missy-Nickie’s Musings! Now that you’re here let me tell you a little about me and my blog… a sort of “What to expect”, if you will.
1) I’m a follower of Christ. You may be offended by what I have to say. I don’t want to offend, but neither will I be bashful or back down from my beliefs.
2) I’m a wife. I may rant a bit sometimes about my husband, but I won’t do any real male bashing. So guys you’re safe!
3) I’m a mother of 2 teen boys. Need I say more? By the way i homeschool them.
4) I’m a co-teacher/youth leader. Again need I say more?
5) I’m an avid reader. Once in a while I might shamelessly promote a friend’s book or a book I really like.
6) Finally but certainly not least, I’m a wanna-be author…nothing published yet. I might talk about the writing process or my journey to get published.
Now if you aren’t bored to death please stick around. There’s more to come soon.