Friday, April 9, 2010

You are not too young!

But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am only a youth’, for to all whom I send you, you shall go, and whatever I command you, you shall speak.”-Jeremiah 1:7

God has a purpose even for young people. He knew you before you were born. He designed you for a purpose.

Before you say “I’m just a kid or I’m only a teenager. How can God use me?” let’s look at some young people in the Bible who God used.

First there is Joseph. He was a young teen when his brothers sold him into slavery. God used him even in his youth. Soon he became the second in command of Egypt. His story begins in Genesis 37.

Next there is Samuel. God was using him even before he was born. Read 1Samuel 1.

Then there was David. As a teen/young man fought and killed a Philistine giant. He also wrote many of the Psalms as a young man. Read 1 Samuel chapter 16 through chapter 18.

Fourth there was Josiah, who became king of Judah at age 8. Check out 2 Kings chapter 22.

Then there was Daniel and his friends. The four of them were used mightily by God, as teens. Look up Daniel chapter 1.

We finally come to Jeremiah. Even though he was young, God chose him to be a prophet at a young age. God even told him not to say “I can’t, because I’m too young.” Read
Jeremiah chapter 1.

So remember, you are never too young to be used by God. You just have to be willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment