Monday, August 23, 2010

Haiti Adventure Day 1

Sunday Aug. 8

We left Mt. Pleasant around 2:30 am. I road in Pastor Ron’s car with 4 guys, 3 of which I’ve never met. It was an interesting ride to Detroit. All they talked about was cars, assembly line work…oh and we did some Bible trivia as we approached the airport.

At the airport we weighed our luggage. Some of which was over weight. The weight limit was 50 pounds, so Lonna took charge and took a few things out of the over weight bags and added them to my under weight bag.
Then because our layover was more than 12 hours, we had to PAY for our checked luggage. I only had one bag so I only paid $35. I sat with Libby on the plane to Miami. She is a photo journalist/CMU student. Check out her blog to see more Haiti pics. http://www.libbymarch.blogspot.com

The flight was uneventful. When we got to the Miami airport it was controled chaos. We didn’t have reservations for a hotel room, so those who had brought laptops and cell phones searched for hotels. One was finally found. Then we had to load all 750 pounds of luggage on to a shuttle bus.

BTW it was raining in Miami. Haven’t seen much of SUNNY Miami.

At the hotel we have to wait for our rooms so we go to Bennigan’s for lunch. After checking into our rooms. We, five girls, crash. I don’t think we will make it to the beach, but the hotel has an out door pool. Maybe if it stops storming we can so swimming! It is a bit humid, but not bad!

Lord, I pray for our team. I pray for good, sound rest tonight. Father I pray that You will protect us as we travel to Haiti in the morning. Father, I also pray that we keep giving each other grace and have patience with each other.

Father, please protect Jamie, Erick, and Topher. 10 days is really not THAT long! Father…one last thing…I pray that I will not only connect with staff and children, but also the team. Libby and I seem to have been placed together for whatever purpose You have chosen. I think I have connected with her the most so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment