Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Forgiveness

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 & 2:7-8

God has allowed us to suffer and hurt for a purpose; that we may be able to help others who are suffering. People, will at some point, hurt us; whether it is physically or emotionally it will happen.

Someone close to me struggles with a very specific sin issue. (I do too, but on a different level.) In the summer of 2008 this issue go tout of control, to the point of this person needing to seek professional help.

At the peak I was so angry with this person. I couldn’t even look at them. This person’s actions made me physically ill. After a day or two, I saw that I needed to forgive. I knew I needed to, but with in a few more days I saw the “excessive sorrow,” Paul talks about in 2 Corinthians 2:7. I forgave and made sure this person knew 100% without a doubt, that I still loved them. Now that I have gone through this issue, I am able to help others who are going through it now.

Are you hurting? If not you will be. So when it happens, trust the Lord. Forgive them and show them you still love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment