Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Haughty Attitude

Isaiah 2:6-4:6

This section in Isaiah talks about Judah and Jerusalem’s prideful and haughty attitudes. Sometimes we have this same attitude. You see a small group of elementary aged children sitting in front of you at church. They are snickering and clearly not listening to the worship service. You think, “Where are their parents?” or “I’m glad my kids don’t act like that.”

You are passing judgment on someone else, when in reality your kids at some point have acted like that. I know mine have!

I struggle with this attitude more often than I really care to admit. I have been a Christian for almost 15 years. The church I’m a member of has several new (with in the last 12 months) Christians and some who have been Christians longer than I have been alive. Most of them at times seem immature in their walk. But then I think who am I to judge them, that’s between them and God.

The Lord will humble the proud and haughty attitudes in us (2:11-12). Usually He does this by showing us what our attitudes look like, by turning the tables on us. I don’t like being on the receiving end of judgment. Do you?

Run to the ROCK! The more you cling to Him the less likely you are to suffer from this attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment